With summer approaching, I am so excited to get these ice cream recipes flowing!
With the skinny scoop range being so versatile and healthy, you can get really creative with your flavour combos AND feel zero guilt!
We paired Vanilla Camilla with cacao nibs, Peanut Butter Zoey with pomegranates and Donatella (aka Afterdark Cacao) with roughly chopped pistachios.
Feeling lazy? Why not go buy the shortbread from Coconut Connection!
S K I N N Y I C E C R E A M S A N D W I C H E S
110g butter, diced and chilled
80g coconut sugar, plus extra for dusting
120g gluten free flour
1 tub of Skinny Scoop's Vanilla Camilla, to serve
1 tub of Skinny Scoop's Peanut Butter Zoey, to serve
1 tub of Skinny Scoop's Afterdark Cacao, to serve
1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs, to serve
1 Tbsp pomegranate seeds, to serve
1 Tbsp roughly chopped pistachios, to serve
1. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until a smooth dough is formed.
2. Sprinkle some extra coconut sugar over your work surface.
3. Remove from the processor and roll into a sausage shape on your sugared work surface, roughly with a 4-5cm diameter.
4. Wrap in clingfilm, twisting the ends, then give it one last roll before placing into the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C and line to baking trays with baking paper.
6. Remove the shortbread from the fridge, discard the clingfilm and slice the roll into 1cm thick cookies.
7. Place them onto the baking tray with some space between them and bake for 35-40 minutes or until they just start to colour.
8. Remove from the oven, gently loosen with a knife and allow them to cool.
9. Once ready to use, sandwich 2 biscuits together with different skinny scoop ice cream and roll in suggested toppings.
FOOD STYLING: Megan Daniels (Life with Me)
PHOTOGRAPHY & RECIPE: Me