I'm always keen to support new products on the market so when I
saw gerry's nut butters on Instagram I was very interested in giving
them a go! So I popped Gerhard (the man behind gerry's) a message
and asked him where I could go buy them and bam, he ever so kindly
organised me a beautiful box of his two flavours!
These healthy brownies are a fantastic base recipe for many more
exotic flavour combinations but I decided to keep things simple and
allow the almond butter to shine.
They're incredibly satisfying and can be eaten every day because
they're THAT healthy.
Go on, put those ovens on and get baking!
C H O C O L A T E & A L M O N D B U T T E R B R O W N I E B I T E S
50g raw cacao powder, sifted
80g coconut flour, sifted
20g almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp xantham gum OR arrowroot powder
Pinch of rock salt
4 free range eggs, beaten
1/2 cup agave syrup or raw honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp NOMU vanilla extract
20g Maca Honest Chocolate, melted
3 Tbsp Gerry’s Almond Butter, to serve
40g Maca Honest Chocolate, melted, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and line a square baking tray.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and then add remaining ingredients. Stir until just combined (do not overmix).
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
4. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the baking tin before flipping the brownie out onto a cooling rack.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the square into bite sixe brownies. Then, slice them in half.
6. Sandwich the two brownie halves together with almond butter and place onto a serving platter. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve.