Easter has come and gone but I never need an excuse to indulge in
Hot Cross Buns. In fact, my fiance' demands our bread bin to always
contain these sweet delights!
These cookies are light with crispy edges and has oozing dark
chocolate explosions. They're gluten & wheat free and contain no
refined sugar. The addition of my latest obsession Matcha powder
gives the taste an interesting taste & an anti-oxidant kick!
I've used the salted Honest Chocolate in these as it melts beautifully
& doesn't contain dairy or bad sugars/ sweeteners. And it's a local
DARK CHOCOLATE & MATCHA HOT CROSS BUN COOKIES
75g coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
30g coconut oil or applesauce
100g gluten free flour mix
80g ground almonds
10g tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp Matcha powder (I used Get Matcha which you can get from here)
1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 salted Honest chocolate, roughly chopped
50g dark chocolate, melted, for crosses
1. Cream butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides a few times to ensure everything is mixed together.
2. Add egg, vanilla extract and coconut oil and mix until just combined.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined, then gently stir in chocolate chips.
4. Chill cookie dough in the fridge for 2 hours, then roll into balls, place onto a lined baking tray and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees C. Remove from oven and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
6. Add melted chocolate crosses, place into the fridge to set and serve.