So, who dislikes the idea of having dessert for breakfast? I certainly don't. For our #tastytuesday I wanted to give Skinny Scoop's Vanilla Camilla a stand to shine on. I wanted her to have a pairing that tasted delicious and nourishing, but without hiding away her natural flavour. And yes, she's that good that she had to be personified.
I like to make a big batch of this crumble and jar it for a sweet breakfast or dessert topping. Can't have dairy? This crumble pairs beautifully with almond milk for a treat filled breakfast.
Vanilla Camilla Crumble
10g raw coconut flakes
5g coconut flour
10g lightly toasted flaked almonds
5g chopped pecans
A pinch of cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground cloves and a pinch of rock salt
1 Tbsp raw agave syrup or honey or raw maple syrup
1 tub Vanilla Camilla, to serve
1. Remove a tub of Vanilla Camilla from the freezer and allow to melt slightly. Run a knife around the tub and gently turn the ice cream out onto a plate. Place back in freezer.
2. Prepare crumble by stirring together all dry ingredients.
3. Heat up agave syrup in a small pan and once bubbling, stir in crumble mix. Coat with syrup and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
4. Remove from heat and remove ice cream from the freezer.
5. Top ice cream with crumble and some extra coconut flakes and agave, if desired.