Winter in Cape Town has officially arrived and so have the needs for
blankets, mugs of tea and dunking biscuits.
I was inspired by this recipe I found in Sam Linsell's cookbook
Sweet, a baking book that has become my go-to source of
inspiration. You can also find some of her gorgeous recipes here but
if there were a cookbook you should invest in, it's this one.
These cookies are seriously melt-in-your-mouth bits of heaven. The
addition of cranberries are a sweet surprise and the lemon zest
compliments this beautifully. They pair perfectly with a cup of tea
and the bonus? They're wheat, gluten, refined sugar AND dairy free.
Go put on the kettle and make these gems now!
C R A N B E R R Y & A L M O N D C O O K I E S
90g ground almonds
Zest of half a lemon
Pinch of Himalayan Crystal Salt
1 egg white
25g dried cranberries (chopped or whole- I prefer to leave them whole)
Dash of almond extract
Coconut flour, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Mix together almonds, xylitol, lemon zest, cranberries and salt.
3. In a seperate bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
4. Stir this into your dry ingredients until a wetish paste is formed.
5. Roll into balls, then modestly roll in coconut flour-just enough to mostly cover them.
6. Place onto a non-stick baking tray and flatten slightly with your fingers.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden around the edges.