We all know the smell and the delicious taste of cinnamon buns. However, we always hesitate before consuming one because even though we like to indulge, are those 500 calories really worth it?? These protein bites are delicious. They are high in protein, sugar free, gluten free, wheat free and are ready in a space of 20 minutes!
Makes 6 balls
40g vanilla whey protein
8g xylitol/ one heaped teaspoon
1 Tbsp almond butter
30g ground coconut
5g psyllium husk
1 tsp cinnamon
*An extra 2g xylitol +1/2 tsp cinnamon for dusting
1. Place all ingredients, except the last *extras, into a food processor and whizz to combine. A paste-like dough should be formed.
2. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes. Use this time to clean up.
3. While cooling, place your extra cinnamon and xylitol into a small bowl and stir to create a "cinnamon sugar" for dusting.
4. Remove paste from the fridge, roll into small balls and lightly coat with your "cinnamon sugar."
5. Place back in the fridge for 20 minutes and enjoy! If you can't wait that long you can eat them immediately ;)
***Baker's tip: Store these in an airtight container in the fridge.
These are also delicious with some added chia seeds
If you don't have psyllium husk, add 5g ground almonds or 5g ground flaxseed instead.