These soft, delicious cookies are full of flavour and perfect for tea time. They're wheat, gluten, sugar AND dairy free. The crunchy chia seeds combined with the soft, nutty biscuit is a winner for adults and kids!
2 Tbsp coconut oil or softened butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
150g ground almonds
30g ground coconut
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1T chia seeds plus extra for sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking tray with a non-stick sheet or wax paper.
2. In a bowl, combine oil, xylitol, vanilla extract,lemon zest and egg. Beat until just combined.
3. Add ground almonds, coconut, bicarb and chia seeds.
4. Roll into balls and flatten slightly. You can also flatten mixture until 1cm thick and cut shapes.
5. Sprinkle some chia seeds onto cookies.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
*Chefs tips:-If you prefer your biscuits crunchierand harder, keep them in the oven for an extra 5 minutes.
-For a vanilla flavor, omitt the lemon zest and add 1/2 pod vanilla seeds.