This easy yet delicious dessert is perfect for winter or summer. The combination of warm, sweet fruit and cold, creamy yoghurt is a match made in heaven! There is also no added sugar, no wheat and no gluten.
4 crispy apples, cored
50g walnuts, chopped
30g dates or dried cranberries
50g chopped almonds
20g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Juice of one orange
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Place nuts, dates, butter and xylitol in a bowl and mix until all ingredients come together. Set aside.
3. Place apples in a baking dish and spoon mixture into the core of the apples.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon and add orange juice.
5. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until soft and bursting.
6. Serve with yoghurt:
-2 cups full cream plain yoghurt
-1 tsp vanilla paste or 1 pod vanilla seeds
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix together and serve cold.